Group Accountant with a super business…
Job Title: Group Accountant
Contract Type: Permanent – Full-Time
Location: Rochester – plenty of parking available
Reward: Circa £40k per annum
To independently prepare & present monthly and annual accounts of two support companies of the Group using Sage.
- Prepare & present monthly accounts and provide commercial support under guidance of GFD.
- Maintain client account for the Chairman’s investment portfolio and various bank accounts and liaise with their tax advisors.
- Provide Legal secretarial support to GFD on Group matters
- Get involved in any other projects that may be necessary from time to time.
To independently prepare & present monthly and annual accounts of two support companies of the Group in Sage accounting – this will involve preparing and finalising:
- Full P&L
- Full balance Sheet with reconciliations
- Cash Flow Statement and cash flow forecast
- Getting the accounts Audited (Statutory)
- To provide commercial support as deemed necessary to these organization, including liaising with the creditors, debtors and other stakeholders directly.
- Making payments to the vendors
- Seek collection of dues and raising commercial invoices (usually minimal)
- Reading, understanding and confirming to GFD, the correctness of commercial contracts, as and when required.
- Ensure that these entities are well funded – working collaboratively with the Group Finance manager.
What are we looking for from the successful candidate?
- Good experience of bookkeeping and monthly closing of final Accounts.
- Excellent computing skills – Excel and other MS products and working knowledge of accounting packages (Sage) and understanding of ERP
- Highly analytical, ability to carry out root cause analysis and able to develop and interpret data and information for reporting.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to communicate with people at all levels within the organisation and externally
- Can work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Having a will to learn and go extra mile to achieve strict time targets.
- Recently ACCA qualified